Morphine Abuse Causes Signs & Effects
Statistics of Morphine Abuse
- Morphine is one of the most effective and frequently prescribed opioid analgesics to help manage extreme chronic pain.
- More than half of accidental deaths in the US were caused by morphine.
- 10% of the US population has abused opiate drug in their lifetime.
- 60% of morphine addicts admitted to getting the drug from friends of family
- The number of morphine addicts admitted to emergency room increased by 106% between the years of 2004 and 2008.
Signs of Morphine Addiction
- Sleeping difficulties
- Suicidal thoughts
- Drug craving
- Runny nose
- Body chills
Getting Help for Morphine Addiction
You can look for help for morphine dependence by counseling with
- Addiction treatment centers
- Detox clinics
- Drug addiction support groups
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Religious or community leaders